Friday, February 22, 2019

Nerf Progress

So, after redoing all of the casing and the slide because my image was warped and my lines wound up not being straight, I have reached this point. It's still very rough, but at last it's starting to look like something. Curving all the edges and corners is going to be a tedious nightmare. I'll also be glad when I have the grip and the trigger started, since right now it looks a bit like someone tried to cross breed a butcher's knife with a revolver and failed. Miserably. It does feel good to have gotten this far though, and I hope the rest of the basic shapes go as smoothly.


A quick screenshot of my reference image with my rectangle guides. Those have been a great help breaking this thing down into more manageable sections. The fun part has been trying to get them as close as possible to the right spots so I can use them to keep my outlines straight. I've had to take a few liberties with the overall shapes due to my picture being just a tiny bit warped, but I'm doing my best to get it accurate.

Next up is making the basic shapes for the rest of the gun, and then I'll start going back into each part and doing the details. Rounding corners/edges, adding holes and screws, finishing the text (which I have started), and trimming out the last bits of the barrel that shouldn't be there (once I'm sure I don't need them anymore).

No comments:

Post a Comment